Back to Top

Happy Pancake Day!

'Shrove Tuesday' also known as 'Mardi Gras' is the last day before Lent. If you want to know why Pancakes & Shrove Tuesday are linked, click the link :) Shrove_Tuesday/Pancake Day


I love this time of year, the Spring is so beautiful. Its the one time of year my favourite flowers are out too hehe. 


I LOVE Daffodils & Tulips with a passion, they put the biggest smile on my face! :D Oh, and I've decided to give up Chocolate for Lent, will any of you be giving up anything? 




So, I'm a bit of a Masterchef when it comes to Pancake Day haha. I'm not one for those thin pancakes everyone makes. I love making thick 'American' style Pancakes. Have a look at the ones I've made today..




I had Golden Syrup & Strawberries with mine.
If you want to make the same ones, Here's the recipe (Got this off Jamie Oliver's TV Show hehe) :)


You will need:
 3 large eggs
• 115g/4oz plain flour
• 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
• 140ml/5fl oz milk
• a pinch of salt



First separate the eggs, putting the whites into one bowl and the yolks into another. Add the flour, baking powder and milk to the yolks and mix to a smooth thick batter.






Whisk the whites with the salt until they form stiff peaks. Fold into the batter – it is now ready to use.





Heat a good non-stick pan on a medium heat. Pour some of your batter into the pan and fry for a couple of minutes until it starts to look golden and firm. 






Hope you guys have a lovely day!

Lotsa love Leesh of UnLeeshd x x x



3 comments:

  1. Ah Love it!! Gotta make My pancakes ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so yummy, may try this when I get time! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you definitely have to, so yummy! hehe x x

    ReplyDelete