Back to Top

Recipe: Healthy Chickpea Curry

Hello, lovely readers!
If you follow me on Twitter, you may have noticed the amount of tweets about the gym and healthy eating..
After a long 4 month break from the gym and being super active, I've decided to go back. The cold weather and Festive season really put me off going to the gym but the best thing about the break is I've maintained my weight so I'm happy.
I just want to be more active again, and I do love going for a good workout!

Chickpeas:
  • Good Source of  Protein, Fibre & Zinc.
  • They are part of your "5 a day"
  • Help to lower cholesterol
  • Low in Fat.

The other day I really fancied a Chickpea curry. It's really healthy so I thought I'd put the recipe up here for you guys to try..

Ingredients (Serves 2-3 people)
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 can of chickpeas 
Passata sauce
2 green chillis (Chopped)
2 cloves of Garlic
Half teaspoon worth of Ginger
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
1 tsp Garam Masala
Bunch of Coriander
Water


1. Add oil to a pan, when warm add your sliced onion, garlic, ginger and green chilli.


2. When the onions have a golden colour, add the salt and passata sauce. After a couple minutes, add your Turmeric and cook for further 3-4 minutes.


3. Drain your chickpeas and add them to the sauce, give it a good stir.


 4. Now, add half a pint of water and stir. This will help to soften the chickpeas


5. Let the chickpea curry simmer for 10/15 minutes and add your garam masala and coriander.


Let it simmer on a low heat for a further 5 minutes and it's ready to serve. You can serve this with Naan/ Pitta/ Chapatti's..

I had mine with Salad and low fat Greek Yoghurt.


Lotsa love Leesh of UnLeeshd x x x

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, this looks yummy! I love a good curry :).

    Sadie x

    http://www.brandnewbutterflywings.com/

    ReplyDelete