Back to Top

Till death do us part..

"I take you ...To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness."

Call me old fashioned, but when I hear or read this, it makes me feel like i'm on "Cloud 9". These words mean a lot to me.
I've not said them yet, and I'm not planning on getting married anytime soon. But, when I do.. I will mean every single word.
I spend every Tuesday watching "Don't tell the Bride" on BBC 3 as it is my favourite show lol
Anything to do with getting married.. I'll be there or i'm watching it (Sounds a little sad ay! ha!)

So, when I hear stories in the media not only about Celebrities, but normal citizens getting married and then divorcing a few weeks or months later. Depending on the circumstances, It really bugs me.
It bugs me because I just think people give up too easy.

Maybe it's because I am a hopeless romantic or maybe it's because my parents, grandparents, aunt's & uncles have remained together with their partners since they got married (We're talking marriages that have lasted over 30 odd years and still going strong)
I don't think there is anything wrong in separating, but for good enough reason. Some people break up over the tiniest, most rediculous things.. that's when I get annoyed.

I'm sure most people know what story in the media has inpired this post, but I feel like people just don't believe in the Sanctity of Marriage anymore.. Am I Wrong?

I had a bit of a rant on my Twitter about this subject as it's very close to my heart. It's as though some people just want a Wedding, not a Marriage.
 


What are your thoughts?
Lotsa love Leesh of UnLeeshd x x x

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you! My parents have been together 35 years and they've had their ups & downs but stuck with it because they love each other! I plan on being the same way! Nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete